zondag 1 december 2013


HISTORY of the End of the World

First Trip

I have tried it before. Without the cards. Trying to reach my hometown and where my battle started. I was actually forbidden to stay there and was accompanied to the city-limits by the cops.

I can reach my home-town by train in about three hours. But it started after a couple of minutes. What it? The defense-mechanisms of the ruling Elite. After a few minutes the train broke down and it finally arrived at a main-railway station too late for any reasonable connection. The next express took almost three hours, which should have been 1 ½. There I was hit by a “traffic-stroke”. No trains, because of a major accident and no connecting busses, due to a local strike.

I decided to walk. I knew the way. A simple road along the river of some 20 miles. I bought some food and water and shouldered my backpack. The first 10 miles were easy, though I was surprised by the ancient buildings and ruins I passed. Some I remembered, other I had never sen before. I passed several canals and small villages and harbourcomplexes. When my eyes finally saw the silhouet of the city and its impressive waterfront, things became difficult. Roads were closed and bridges demolished, which forced me east, away from the city. Finally I was forced to climb all kinds of iron fences or the path disappeared into nothingness. When I finally succeeded in crossing the river and climbing the city-wall, I was arrested by the police. Tresspassing of military property.

The cops brought me to the railway-station. Trains were functioning normal again.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten