dinsdag 17 december 2013

WHERE WERE YOU ON 9/11
Where we you on 9/11 2001?
I was sitting in the restaurant of a swimming-pool drinking a beer. I was there for my therapy, being very depressed and immobile at that moment. Swimming, so the therapist had said, activates +-particles in your body and they make you feel better. So they say. I only got very, very tired and the wish to stop moving at all grew every second. But I made it, 40 lanes breast-stroke, and treated me on a beer and a sigarette. Articles and activities strictly forbidden in the Health-centre, where my therapist resided.
I saw the second plane fly into the World Trade Centre and ran to the Health-centre, where I watched the Twin Towers fall. I remember a doctor making a joke on organ-donors. But all the bodies had evaporated, as was most of the buildings. Returned to dust, except the passport of one of the hijackers.. I took the bus home and and said to a woman, waiting with me on the bus stop, that “The world has changed for ever.” At home watched the towers fall over and over again.
It was a that moment, that my depression disappeared and was replaced by fear. In the months to come I had visions of big city life, full of control, violence and repression. All under the name of “The War on Terror”. Since 9/11 about one million human beings have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan alone.
I wanted to get away from the big city, that I hated all ready but was too lazy (depressed) to act upon. I had to get out of there.
I was lucky, within 3 years I could move to small harbor town in the North. The storms and the silence must have blown away some veils, because I started to get interested in 9/11 again. Thanks to the internet I was introduced to all kind of conspiracy-theories around the terrorist attack on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. 4 planes were hijacked; three reached their target and one crashed in Pennsylvania, due to rebelling passengers, who fought the terrorists.
It was a German-documentary which “proved” (for me), that the Pentagon-attack was done by a missile and not by an airplane. In an Danish-documentary questions were raised about the “controlled demolition” of “Building 7”.
There were questions in the years after 9/11 and there is a formal report. But this report raises more questions, than it answers. I think, that the global consequences of 9/11; 2 wars, 1 million+ casualties, a continuous war on terror (openly and covert), the restrictions on personal freedom and privacy and a booming security industry, that, due to new insights and information, an INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION, must be undertaken, under responsibility of the global community. The questions are too important, to leave the answers to the Americans alone.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten